Almost every second European does sport. In the whole of Germany there are almost 30 million, in Bavaria alone there are 4.6 million people in a sports club.
The platform enables us to generate revenue in different ways. After fashion, sport is the most important e-commerce area of all and therefore a very potent market. With this business model, we achieve a turnover of at least 50 cents per month and user with advertising alone, which means an annual turnover of 600,000 euros with 100,000 participants and enables us to distribute our solution free of charge as a freemium offer.
In 5 years, 6 million participants will use the association solution and 700,000 people will regularly use SportVita. Our sales will then be made up as follows:
- Licenses, customizing, maintenance: 5% from B2B business. SaaS licenses are also planned
- Advertising: 30% classic ads based on CPC
- Premium Memberships: 5% – the part of the community that is willing to pay for less advertising and more functionality.
- Affiliate Marketing: 15% e-commerce based on recommendations
- Competitive Intelligence Data: 15% we know what our users want
- Data Based Campaigns: 30% we can create targeted campaigns for our partners and thus achieve more success with the least amount of effort
Quick facts from Statista: Sports market in Germany up-to-date
The Deloitte Sports Market Study 2018 showhow much money physically active consumers spend on their fitness and health. For sportswear alone, the annual per capita expenditure is 120 euros. For equipment there is another 86 euros. In addition, there are costs for membership fees and entry to fitness studios and clubs. These are around 166 euros a year. Active holidays and sports trips cost 237 euros a year. Together with other, smaller expenses, this amounts to an average of 725 euros per year. A third of the respondents expect even higher sports-related expenses in the next 12 months.
- In total, sports-related goods and services with a value of almost 120 billion euros are produced.
- Total consumption related to sport, including services, was 85 billion euros in 2019.
- Sport contributes 2.3 percent to the macroeconomic gross domestic product.
- Private households spend almost 70 billion euros on sports-related consumption, more than 80 percent of which is for active exercise and the rest for interest in sports.
- Around 4.5 billion euros are spent on sponsorship, media rights and advertising in the field of sports.
Sports and e-commerce:
- Worldwide sales in the Sport & Outdoor segment will amount to around € 160,487 million in 2021, and around € 3,333 million in Germany.
- According to the forecast, a market volume of € 4,132 million will be achieved in 2025; this corresponds to an expected annual sales growth of 5.52% (CAGR 2021-2025).
- The penetration rate will be 19.4% in 2021 and is expected to reach 26.8% in 2025.
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) is expected to be € 204.52.
- In 2020, 32% of Germans bought sporting goods online
- DESTATIS: German men spend 45 minutes a day on the computer or mobile phone and do 31 minutes of sport.
- 50% of all online sales for sporting goods in 2020 were made via a mobile app or a tablet.